Thursday, July 13, 2017
Program Manager - Securing Resources for Consumers, Inc.
Program Manager – Join us and be a part of a dynamic team. Securing Resources for Consumers, Inc., an agency that has served and supported families and individuals with developmental disabilities and/or mental health diagnosis since 2006 is seeking a Program Manager for our Atlanta, Georgia program. SRFC is seeking an innovative leader with strong clinical and administrative skills to supervise a team of professionals who provide community based services to a wide-range of adult clients.
· Direct supervision of assigned staff including hiring, supervision, and a high emphasis on employee development, ranging from growth within current positions and expanding leadership and supervisory skills necessary to ensure agency success.
· Demonstrates and models positive leadership, promotes a team based work environment and presents the agency in the most positive light with internal and external contacts.
· Assures fiscal accountability of all assigned programs and services that impact and are impacted by assigned programming.
· Assures that assigned services are adequately documented and that billing requirements are met.
· Exhibits competence in managing agency resources.
· Adapts programs and services to enhance the agency’s ability to serve the needs of the community.
· Ensures the integrity of program and service delivery, compliance and evaluations, and moves to adapt programs/services as compliance standards change in an effective and efficient manner.
· Ensures compliance with internal standards and goals, as well as licensing, regulatory and accreditation standards.
· Assumes a leadership role in the interpretation and support of agency polices (including HR, PR, and Communications), implementation of industry best practice standards throughout assigned programs, aiding in the development/implementation of program outcome measures to ensure quality service implementation.
· Available for clinical consultation and crisis intervention to staff
· Assumes a strong advocacy role for clients and makes recommendations for support services needed upon discharge.
· Actively participates in all treatment conferences and meetings for the client.
· Provides in-service training as requested.
The qualified candidate will hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a Behavior Health related field and at least five years of managerial experience or a Master’s Degree in a Behavioral Health related field and at least two years of managerial experience and demonstrate good skills in all forms of communication. Works well with others in a spirit of teamwork and corporation.
FULL TIME BENEFITS INCLUDE:
Salary Range: $40,000 – 55,000 Annually
Interested candidates may apply by submitting their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com