Saturday, March 03, 2018
Human Resources Specialist Decatur, GA
The Georgia Mental Health Consumer Network is currently seeking a Human Resources Specialist to work fulltime in our office in beautiful downtown Decatur, GA. We are seeking an experienced Human Resources professional to complete the traditional Human Resources tasks below, but also to triage various technological needs. This position will require occasional travel throughout the state of Georgia, but is less than 10% travel. Preference will be given to individuals with lived experience of recovery from behavioral health challenges.
A successful candidate will:
· Have their own transportation.
· Embrace the concepts of recovery from behavioral health concerns.
· Want to work for the greater good of the state of Georgia.
· Display and attitude and willingness to go above and beyond when needed.
· Human Resources
o New Hire Orientations
o Employee reporting; e.g. E-verify, Georgia New Hire; etc.
o Benefits Administration.
o Requests for information.
o Training and continuing education.
o Unemployment hearings.
o Updating and maintaining the employee handbook.
o Advising managers on policy.
o Fostering a recovery workforce.
o Setting up Microsoft Exchange accounts.
o Installing software
§ Creating Microsoft Outlook Accounts.
o Running antivirus/anti-malware programs.
o Being a first point of contact for IT help.
§ Making minor repairs.
o Being the point of contact for the IT contractor.
· 1 Year of professional Human Resources experience.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
· Proficient in Adobe Acrobat.
· A supportive and kind attitude.
· Problem solving and analytical skills.
· Excellent communication skills (written/verbal).
· Public Speaking.
· Lived experience in recovery from behavioral health challenges.
· Previous experience with Microsoft Access a plus.
· The ability to type 40 wpm.
· Conflict mediation skills.
· Succession planning skills.
· Human Resources Management Certificate
· PHR or SHRM-CP certification a big plus, but not required.
Salary: Depends on experience.
· Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance.
· 12 Vacation days per year.
· 6 sick days per year.
· 13 paid holidays per year.
Interested parties should submit a resume and letter of interest to Human Resources: email@example.com
About the Georgia Mental Health Consumer Network
The Consumer Network is a Georgia non-profit corporation founded in 1991 by consumers of state services for mental health, developmental disabilities, and addictive diseases. It hosts one of the largest statewide annual consumer conventions in the nation. The corporation evolved from a meeting of 30 consumer leaders held in Tucker, Georgia in October of 1990 and how has grown to over 4000 members across the state. GMHCN has about 100 employees currently and works throughout the state to provide the state with an increasing number of self-directed behavioral health services aimed at supporting peers to thrive in a life of recovery.