Thursday, March 29, 2018
RESPECT Institute of Georgia Training Coordinator Full-Time Job Announcement
The Georgia Mental Health Consumer Network, a recovery oriented, behavioral health consumer advocacy and education organization, is seeking a Certified Peer Specialist and/or Certified Addiction Recovery Empowerment Specialist to work full time as the Training Coordinator for the RESPECT Institute of Georgia, working under the supervision of the Organizational Development Coordinator of the RESPECT Institute of Georgia. A RESPECT Institute is a 3 ½ day training program designed to provide individuals the skills and coaching necessary to transform their experiences of mental health or substance use challenges---and cross-disabilities---into educational and inspirational presentations.
· Be recovery-oriented, motivated, self-directed and able to work cooperatively as part of a team, as well as independently
· Possess and be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
· Possess and be able to demonstrate excellent organizational and planning skills, including the ability to manage numerous details, such as scheduling and coordinating multiple events simultaneously
· Possess and be able to demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
· Be computer literate and able to demonstrate word processing proficiency, including the ability to use the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and other Microsoft programs)
· Have reliable transportation with the ability to travel statewide and overnight
This is a salaried position that includes resources towards medical, dental and vision insurance.
Please send a letter of interest, resume and references to Jen Banathy, the RESPECT Institute of Georgia Organizational Development Coordinator:
Jen Banathy, CPS, CPS-AD
Georgia Mental Health Consumer Network
246 Sycamore Street, Suite 260
Decatur, GA 30030