Thursday, May 31, 2018
RESPECT Institute of Georgia Outreach Coordinator
Full-Time Job Announcement
The Georgia Mental Health Consumer Network, a recovery oriented, behavioral health consumer advocacy and education organization, is seeking a Certified Peer Specialist and/or Certified Addiction Recovery Empowerment Specialist to work full-time as an Outreach Coordinator for the RESPECT Institute of Georgia, working under the supervision of the Organizational Development Coordinator of the RESPECT Institute of Georgia. A RESPECT Institute is a 3 ½ day training program designed to provide individuals the skills and coaching necessary to transform their experiences of mental health or substance use challenges---and cross-disabilities---into educational and inspirational presentations.
· Be recovery-oriented, motivated, self-directed and able to work cooperatively as part of a team, as well as independently
· Possess and be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
· Possess and be able to demonstrate excellent organizational and planning skills, including the ability to manage numerous details, such as scheduling and coordinating multiple events simultaneously
· Possess and be able to demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
· Be computer literate and able to demonstrate word processing proficiency, including the ability to use the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and other Microsoft programs)
· Have reliable transportation with the ability to travel statewide and overnight
This is a salaried position earning $34,000/year and includes additional resources towards medical, dental and vision insurance.
Please send a letter of interest, resume and references to Jen Banathy, the RESPECT Institute of Georgia Organizational Development Coordinator:
Jen Banathy, CPS, CPS-AD
Georgia Mental Health Consumer Network
246 Sycamore Street, Suite 260
Decatur, GA 30030