Please share this modified job description for the Housing Needs
Evaluation positions we have open with CPSs, CARES and other interested parties. Let
them know we are looking for people who are interested in doing this work, who are
computer/laptop literate, who have reliable transportation, and who can attend a one
day training being held on May 12, 2015. We are looking to hire 25 to 30 people
statewide who will work in June, July and August to complete the evaluations with
peers receiving ADA services from DBHDD and they will be paid $50.00 per completed
evaluation. It is envisioned that they could support people with completing three
assessments per day for a daily amount of $150.00. All assessments will be conducted
face to face, not over the phone. All the work will be done on laptops provided by DBHDD.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. People can apply by
sending a letter of interest and resume to Michael Harrell, CPS at email@example.com.
Job Responsibilities and Core Competencies include:
· Ability to conduct a Supportive Housing Need and Choice Evaluation for individuals with a primary diagnosis of Serious Persistent Mental Illness within the DBHDD contracted provider network.
· Demonstrated ability to interview and assess clients, using designated evaluation tool provided.
· Provides face to face interviews with the individual to complete the evaluation tool.
· Promotes a caring environment that is person – centered throughout the evaluation process.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to build rapport with diverse individuals in a variety of settings.
· Experience working with individuals with co – occurring mental health, substance abuse and physical health problems.
· Comfortable working in non – traditional work settings such as homeless shelters and street outreach.
· Possess skills of cultural competency related to the target population.
· Flexibility and adaptability in managing priorities.
· Ability to work independently under general instructions, self – directed and motivated
· Attention to detail.
· Strong personal computer skills – internet navigation and data entry.
· Must delivery services in a professional and highly efficient manner.
· Must participate in DBHDD training for proper implementation of the evaluation tool.
· High School Diploma/GED or higher.
· Minimum of four years of related experience working with the targeted population or equivalent lived experience.
· Preference will be given to CPSs and CARES.
· Short term Position (June – August 2015).
· Must have own vehicle for travel to various sites across the network.
· Must maintain and provide proof of valid driver’s licenses and automobile insurance coverage as required by law.
· The job requirement is 100% located in the field, requires significant travel time and commitment.
· Working knowledge of the nature of serious mental illness.
· Must be available for required training on May 12, 2015.
· Please apply by sending a letter of interest and resume to Michael Harrell, CPS at firstname.lastname@example.org.