Thursday, October 25, 2018
This CPS Job Board will be deleted soon. If you would like to post a CPS Job Announcement, please email Chris Johnson, Director of Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about posting it to https://www.gmhcn.org/external-employment-opportunities
Jayme Lynch, CPS
Georgia Mental Health Consumer Network
Friday, October 12, 2018
Are you interested in working with a company that values people and has a passion for service? Do you want to become part of an organization that cares about your personal and professional growth? If you have answered YES to these questions, then you should consider working for Pathways!
AmericanWork, Inc. began providing services to Georgia’s severely mentally ill adults in 1999, and today offers a range of services that maximize the ability of people with a mental illness or addictive disorder to live and thrive in their community. Our goals are parallel with the recovery and resiliency model Georgia desires.
AmericanWork, Inc. is a subsidiary of Pathways by Molina.
AmericanWork, Inc. Team is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as a Certified Peer Specialist will provide peer support services to adults with a serious and persistent mental illness. All Peer Specialist services will promote hope, wellness, and recovery outcomes for clients.
• Must have certification as a Certified Peer Specialist
• High school diploma and /or GED
· Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or related field is preferred
• Have an understanding of and sensitivity to serving the culturally diverse and special needs population and possess knowledge of the populations served in the services provided
• Valid Georgia Driver’s License with a clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
• Must have a clean Criminal Back Ground Check (no convictions or shown credible evidence of perpetrating abuse, neglect or sexual exploitation – child or adult)
Pathways by Molina is committed to creating the best possible work environment for our team members and offers the following total rewards package:
• Competitive Salary
• Paid Vacation Days
• Paid Sick Days
• Medical, Dental, Vision including a Health Savings Account
• Health, Dependent and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts
• Basic and Optional Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
• 401 K with employer contribution (100% for the first 4% contributed)
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (buy stock at a 15% discount)
• Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement
• Training, Development and Continuing Education Credits for licensure requirements
• Opportunities for advancement! As we grow, you grow with us!
Pathways by Molina is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.
Thursday, October 04, 2018
Full Time Peer Specialist Openings – Brunswick, GA
Gateway CSB is currently looking for two (2) individuals currently living in long term mental health recovery to work in Gateway's Peer Support Program.
The successful candidate will serve as a role model to peers, exhibit competency in personal recovery and use of coping skills. The person in this position will work with consumers through support, advocacy and mentorship in the recovery process. The peer specialist must have a history of treatment for mental health sometimes in their lives or can currently be in treatment. Gateway will provide support for obtaining Peer Specialist Certification. Please email resumes to, .
Positions eligible for benefits: medical, dental, vision life, disability, 401k, paid time off, paid holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour
Friday, September 21, 2018
Job Title: Certified Peer Specialist
(Individual and/or group sessions)
Responsible To: Director of Mental Health Services
Program: PEER SERVICES
Status: Full or Part-Time
Department/Division: Adult Mental
Securing Resources for Consumers, Inc. in Atlanta, Georgia is currently seeking Certified Peer Specialists (CPS) to provide Individual and/or Group Peer Support Counseling Services. The CPS staff will provide individual sessions with various consumers at their homes, in the community and at the SRFC, Inc. office location. The CPS will also provide Peer Support Group ONLY, Peer Support Individual ONLY, or a combination of the two. Peer Support Group sessions will be provided at the SRFC, Inc. program facility. The CPS will model competency in recovery and wellness for both group and individual Peer Support Sessions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist clients in articulating personal goals for recovery through the use of one-to-one sessions and/or Peer Support Group Sessions. During these sessions the CPS will support clients in identifying and creating goals and developing recovery plans with the skills, strengths, supports and resources to aid them in achieving those goals
2. Assist clients in determining the steps the CPS he/she needs to take in order to achieve these goals and self-directed recovery.
3. Utilize tools such as the Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) to assist consumers in creating their own individual wellness and recovery plans.
4. Independently or with periodic assistance of higher graded treatment team members, utilize and teach problem solving techniques with individuals.
5. Use ongoing individual sessions to teach clients how to identify and combat negative self-talk and how to identify and overcome fears by providing a forum which allows the consumer and CPS to share their experiences.
6. Support clients’ vocational choices and assist them in getting their lives back.
7. With assistance from the Program Coordinator/Team Leader, the Peer Specialist will work with the consumers and other treatment team staff to develop a treatment/recovery plan based on each consumer’s identified goals.
8. Complete Progress Notes using the GIRP format for documentation.
· Knowledge of the Recovery process and the ability to facilitate recovery using established
standardized mental health processes.
· Knowledge and skills sufficient to use community resources necessary for independent
living, and ability to teach those skills to other individuals with severe mental illness.
· The CPS will accompany clients to community resources to assist them in accessing these
· Knowledge of how to establish and sustain self-help (mutual support) and educational group
by soliciting input from the mental health consumers on their strengths and interests.
· Employee must hold and maintain Georgia Certified Peer Support Specialist Credential.
· Employee must have a primary diagnosis of mental illness of mental illness and a strong
desire to identify themselves as a person with mental illness.
· Employee must hold a GED or High School Diploma.
· Employee must demonstrate strong reading comprehension and written communication
· Must be able to pass background check.
FULL TIME BENEFITS INCLUDE:
Paid Personal Time Off
COMPENSATION RANGE: $15.00
Interested applicants may apply by submitting their resume and cover letter to: or fax application to (919)405-2740
Thursday, September 06, 2018
Behavioral Health Clinical Case Manager - HEA03A6
Posting Date: Sep 6, 2018 - Closing Date: Sep 20, 2018
Primary Location: GA-Newton-Covington Other Locations:
Number of Openings: 1
Shift: Day Job
Under supervision, provides persons, families or vulnerable populations with the psychosocial support needed to cope with chronic, acute or terminal illnesses and physical or developmental disabilities. Provides patient education and counseling, advises caregivers, and makes necessary referrals for other social services. Receives additional training, as required, to gain full proficiency and experience in all areas. Refers client or family to community resources to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness and to provide access to services such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, job placement or education. Provides training to direct care staff in implementing behavior modification techniques and treatment plans. Provides case management services related to identified treatment needs. Performs clinical assessments of the behavioral health needs of consumers presenting for services. Organizes support groups or counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting the client. Monitors, evaluates, and records client progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan. Identify environmental impediments to client of patient progress through interviews and review of patient records. Counsels clients in individual and group sessions to help them overcome dependencies, recover from illness, and adjust to life. Acts as client advocate in order to coordinate required services or to resolve crisis
Master's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND eligibility to be licensed OR Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND Two years of experience in social service delivery.
Preferred Qualifications - External:
Certified Peer Specialist (CPS) Certification or eligible to obtain a CPS certification based on personal lived experience.:
IJUANA MCCAIN-LANDRY, LPC, CPRP, CPCS
NEW ROCK ADULT DAY SERVICES
101 Kirkland Rd, Covington, GA 30016