The Georgia Mental Health Consumer Network, a recovery oriented, behavioral health consumer advocacy and education organization, is seeking a Certified Peer Specialist to work full time as the Assistant Coordinator for the RESPECT Institute of Georgia, working under the supervision of the Coordinator of the RESPECT Institute of Georgia. A RESPECT Institute is a 3 ½ day training program designed to provide individuals the skills and coaching necessary to transform their mental illness, treatment and recovery experiences into educational and inspirational presentations.
· Be motivated, self-directed and able to work cooperatively as part of a team as well as independently
· Possess excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
· Possess excellent organizational and planning skills, including the ability to manage numerous details, such as scheduling and coordinating multiple events
· Possess strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
· Be computer literate with word processing proficiency, including the ability to use the MS Office Suite
· Have reliable transportation with the ability to travel statewide and overnight
Preference is given to applicants that have graduated from the RESPECT Institute of Georgia.
This is a salaried position that includes resources towards medical, dental and vision insurance.
Please send a letter of interest, resume and references to Jen Banathy, CPS, RESPECT Institute of Georgia Coordinator:
Georgia Mental Health Consumer Network
246 Sycamore Street, Suite 260
Decatur, GA 30030